Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Skip and Lydia's disappearance?

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:24:24 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

We'll keep that in mind. Right now the weather pattern is for unrelenting
(very few fronts) trades, so it would be a challenge.

Yes, the trades are good for going south, not so much for east. You
have to try and time the oscillation between north easterlies and
south easterlies. There's also a window that occurs for a day or two
prior to a frontal passage. Van Sant has a good explanation of that.

Last year we went down the west side of Long Island, hid out for half
a day at the south end, and then went east across the north side of
Crooked, Acklins and the Plana Cays to Abrams Bay. We ducked in
behind the reef at Abrams to get some rest and then pushed on to the
T&C in the morning.

Under sail in the winter it might be tempting to hide out at the south
end of Acklins waiting for a window to go east.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7...uthtothetc.jpg