Rich Hampel

Default Satellite Weather

Go to: http://hffax.de/ which is probably the BEST WeFAX website on
the planet. Lots of good hardware and software reviews and
recommendations., etc. Also has a good marine section.

For any HF/SW/SSB, the antenna you use is THE most important component.
Additionally, for direct satelite download (images) you can build your
own quadrafilliar helix antenna and simply convert with most PC/Mac
WeFAX software, and then do your own *real time* prognostications ....
better than waiting many hours for the 'official' interpretations and
better yet as the data download is REAL TIME.

For WeFAX and other weather interpretation probably the BEST sailors
textbook is "Mariners Weather Handbook" by Steve and Linda Dashew ....
no sense downloading all the data if you cant correctly interpret it
and correctly make your own 'local' predictions.

In article , TB wrote:

There is a demo version on the site for free,it appears to be fully
functional.I am using a portable SonyICF-SW77 with good results with hf fax.

Vic Fraenckel wrote:

I would like to hear from anyone who regularly uses JVComm32 for receiving
weather data via radio. I understand that you can use the software with
marine
SSB as well as satellite at both VHF(137MH) and 1.7GH. What experience? Is
it worth a buy at approximately $75 (60 Euros)?

Any other S/W that can do this job?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

TIA

Vic