Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Cannibal

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:17:26 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
trim

Why don't YOU learn how to trim, Bruce?

As I previously posted, you demonstrate your ignorance of the Real
Cruising lifestyle yet again. the Real Cruiser, i.e., one who actually
makes cruises, rather then an aborted "voyage" around the harbour -
assuming that the wind isn't blowing too strong and nor to lightly -
by necessity requires more then your "minimal clothing".

Cruising is cruising. It is not defined by length of passage or time at
anchor. I think you are confusing cruising with voyaging. Probably because
you aren't intimately familiar with either. LOL!

Goodness, a Sunday ride around the harbor and you call it "cruising"?
What is next? Peddling a Swan Boat on the lake in the park to simulate
a world cruise?

Say a "cruise" from Singapore to Japan and onward through the
Aleutians, Alaska and onward, ultimately to Mexico and then through
the Canal to the Caribbean, north to Canada and so finally to England
and eventually returned to Asia.

Sounds like a voyage to me. . . Voyaging is going from a to b to c to d,
etc. Cruising is more often going from a to b to a, etc.

You are misquoting Lynn Pardey, who was making the point that The
Pardeys are different from other people - THEY make VOYAGES, while the
hoi polloi only cruse.

A Cruise made by a personal friend with his 36 ft. steel hull sloop,
over the past few years.

That's a voyage, PUTZ!

Well, Willie-boy, you are, of course, are quite capable of calling a
Spade a Diamond, but the people that actually do it call it
"cruising".

So Willie-boy, all your so called Sailorman experience is somewhat
lacking in both scope, and distance.

Says the ladyboy expert whose idea of "around the world" is some
sordid,transgendered sexcapade. LOL! Everybody knows why you remain in
Thailand, d00d!

Sorry Willie-boy, Got a wife, kids and grand kids and I stay in
Thailand because I like it..... Please note that this little,
backward, 3rd world, country, is cheaper to live in, has equal or
perhaps better medical care, and doesn't cancel my licenses....

And for what periods have you lived the "sailing life"? Was it last
Sunday when you planned the "cruise' around the bay.... and aborted
because the wind wasn't blowing the correct velocity for your
tastes.... I wonder what you'd do if you made a real voyage and hit a
period of little wind when half way from Langkawi to Kochi, say, as
another friend did a year ago?

Finally, you said it right. "A real voyage." Hey, I never claimed to be a
voyager as I've always said that crap is boring beyond belief and an
undesirable way to sail. The challenge of sailing is not isolation thousands
of miles from civilization but, rather, sailing along the fringes of
civililzation taking and leaving it as is one's heartfelt desire. It's not
being controlled and harassed by foreign bureaucrats and their dumb
restrictions, graft and corruption.

Goodness... the challenge of sailing. What challenge is that? You mean
that you forgot to turn on the GPS and are lost? Or that the wind got
up to 15 MPH and you had to run for shelter?

You certainly change your tune, don't you. Only a few messages ago you
were bemoaning the fact that the US Government had cancelled your
license. The Thais haven't cancelled mine... I made my annual trip to
the Thai Immigrations to renew my resident visa and was in and out in
less then an hour (including time for a doughnut and coffee). Handed
over the required documents, the lady officer smiled and said have a
nice day. If that is the "harassed" that you are talking about then I
might point out that it is far nicer treatment then one receives at
the US Embassy.

Again you exhibit your minimal experience in actually cruising, as
apposed to reading magazines. In the last 15 years I have rarely
anchored in a harbout where there were more then two or three boats
and never... let me repeat that NEVER .... anchored anywhere that I
could even hear a generator.

I don't read the 'tales of inept woe' magazines any more. I've had my fill
of them since they regularly portray sailing as some bumbleing cluster****
as the norm. Take Joe, for example. His tale of ineptitude and woe is
exactly the thing one would see in the sailing magazines. And, NEVER would
there be one word about WHY the ineptitude caused the entire embarrassing
and unnecessary scenario.

Willie-boy your so called "expertise" is derived from reading books
and your activities, as you have reported here, are on the level of
that neophyte.

Joe, to use your example, actually did something, he made a trip
somewhere. Yes he had his problems but as you weren't there you really
don't know a damned thing about any of the details or why anything
happened, so your comments about "ineptitude" are just the
blathering's of a totally uninformed spectator. You, on the other hand
made a trip out into the bay and, as reported, anchored overnight.

Ah Willie-boy, perhaps if you would get out into the world you'd
discover what a sailing life style is all about as apposed to your
overheated imagination.

If I have an overheated imagination lately it's probably because of
JessicaB. That girl is about as perfect as any I've run across in decades.
She has little or no trouble seeing you pretenders for what you are. That
alone makes her highly discriminating and ultimately desirable. If only I
were about 25-30 years younger I'd have to seriously pursue her.

Twist and turn some more. I said "...what a sailing life style is all
about as apposed to your overheated imagination" obviously referring
to your imagined sailing experience. You have no answer to my
statement so, in order to attempt to save face, you try an end-run
around the subject and start to talk about some woman who you've never
met and know very little about..

Wilbur Hubbard

Cheers,

Bruce