JAXAshby

Default push vs pull vis a vis rudders

brian, Feyman thought it easy. why do you suppose a cyber clown with a fake
MIT address would find it so difficult.

brian, this is EASY stuff. Not intuitive for many people, perhaps, but still
EASY for those who think it through for a couple minutes.

however for sure, brian and derek, should EITHER of you wish to back up a
ruddered boat using the engine to steer, please feel free to do so, as long as
you are not near my boat. Bang into boats and docks and pilings and blame the
current for all we care. Just don't hit don't do it near my boat. I'll
ridicule you in front of the bimbo you have onboard.

idiots. you believe you knew the entire universe of knowledge by the time you
finally got out of junior high school. Haven't learned a thing since.

Derek, or perhaps as a courtesy I should say Professor Rowell,
why would you think a physics graduate (as described)
with a reading knowledge of some Feynman stuff
be impressed by the opinions of an MIT prof of Mech Engineering?

Don't be discouraged. People try to avoid the crack pots as far as
possible, and still get lots of value here.

Brian W

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:35:03 GMT, "Derek Rowell"
wrote:

OK. You caught me again! Damn! Yep, I'm the fraudulent plumber who can't
read from yesterday. I spent a long time fabricating that email address.
It gives my ego a huge boost. Just to prove that the address is
fraudulent - go to the MIT web site (http://web.mit.edu) and do a "people"
search on my name.

I simply gave you a simple experiment to do - and you attack me
personally. (Do it yourself, and draw your own conclusions - takes about 5
minutes)

That's not how we do business in science and engineering. We calmly look
at a situation, make hypotheses and conjectures and then think of a set of
experiments to disprove or prove our ideas. We invite others to disprove
our theories, and rejoice when they do, because we learn something.

That's the end of this discussion. No more!