Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

"MMC" wrote in message
g.com...
snip

Thanks for the pointer but I'm just using the epoxy/cabosil to fill holes
and dings. Kinda like expensive Bondo!
I found a 4 year old Tohatsu extra long shaft 4 cycle 6hp on Craigslist
for $400. It doesn't have the alternator.
Block was cold when I got to the sellers house and it started first pull,
ran like a top, looked new under the hood (scratches and warn paint on the
exterior) and nice and quiet.
Wanted to buy a new one but I'm already spending a bit on the refit so
I'll see how this one works out.

Good luck with it. It will probably run like a new one. Those Tohatsu's are
very durable. I got a 3.3 Mariner way back in 1993 and use it day in and day
out and it's still going strong. The Mariner/Mercury 15HP and under are but
a re-named Tohatsu.

Wilbur Hubbard