Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:22:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

It looked so nice and peaceful in those pictures but the wind was supposed
to be out of the east at 10mph that night. So guess what happened.
Starting
about an hour after sunset, it blew out of the northwest at about fifteen
knots so it was rock and roll all night long as the fetch from that
direction was about half a mile. But, I didn't drag or worry about
dragging
because the holding is good there so nothing to worry about. Had the
forecast been correct, I would have been in the lee of that little island
in
nice smooth water. It was nice and quiet there. I had to get out of the
anchorage as they had a wedding Saturday night in one of the hotels on the
beach and a VERY LOUD band with big drums and speakers and all. Too
obnoxious!

Hey, you could have been an uninvited guest! Do you ever get seasick?
I went tuna? fishing once on the ocean... blech... I was useless! I
don't even remember if it was tuna or something else. Stayed in the
cabin and kept my eyes closed.

There was a time when I could enjoy that loud drunken party atmosphere but
no more. I'm so over that silliness. I could probably infiltrate as an
uninvited guest, no problem, but it's just not something I enjoy anymore.

I never get seasick. I guess I'm just so used to the motion and the
environment where things are always moving. Those motor boats are the worst
for seasickness, though, as they roll and pitch and corkscrew. (Sailboats
are quite a bit more steady and civilized because the sail dampens the
motion.) Add diesel fumes to the mix and a maggot would probably want to
hurl, so don't feel bad. LOL!

When you get really jealous and frazzled, you'll just have to come down
for
a vacation sail. But, no hanky-panky. I don't think my poor old heart
could
take it. LOL!

You can't be __that__ old!! lol

Well, my heart is actually in great shape as I slam it up to max BPMs each
and every week several times when training on my bike. When competing in
individual time trials I run it at 95-100 percent for the most part of
23-some-odd minutes for a 16K course. It could, no doubt, stand the ecstasy
but, considering I am old enough to be your father, I doubt the opportunity
would ever arise. :-(

It's too bad about the large age difference as I can tell we are kindred
spirits and I find you extremely attractive just from reading your thoughts.
Seeing your little photos is like icing on the cake. It makes
physical/mental package even more impressive and desirable. You will sure
make some conservative guy who's closer to your own age one fine mate.

Wilbur Hubbard