Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:39:58 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:22:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584585 Facing south
http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584586 " east
http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584588 " north
http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584589 " west
http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584590 Solar panels and dinghy
http://www.badongo.com/pic/11584591 Nice sunset but no blue flash.

As you can see by the time sunset came around the wind had died completely
but it came back up an hour or so after sunset.

Pretty nice spot! I'm jealous of course!

It looked so nice and peaceful in those pictures but the wind was supposed
to be out of the east at 10mph that night. So guess what happened. Starting
about an hour after sunset, it blew out of the northwest at about fifteen
knots so it was rock and roll all night long as the fetch from that
direction was about half a mile. But, I didn't drag or worry about dragging
because the holding is good there so nothing to worry about. Had the
forecast been correct, I would have been in the lee of that little island in
nice smooth water. It was nice and quiet there. I had to get out of the
anchorage as they had a wedding Saturday night in one of the hotels on the
beach and a VERY LOUD band with big drums and speakers and all. Too
obnoxious!

Hey, you could have been an uninvited guest! Do you ever get seasick?
I went tuna? fishing once on the ocean... blech... I was useless! I
don't even remember if it was tuna or something else. Stayed in the
cabin and kept my eyes closed.

When you get really jealous and frazzled, you'll just have to come down for
a vacation sail. But, no hanky-panky. I don't think my poor old heart could
take it. LOL!

You can't be __that__ old!! lol