posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.fifty-plus.friends
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default ICOM 735

I just looked up that ICOM-735. It's an amateur radio rig, I thought you
were asking about marine radio. Do you have a license to operate it? If
you did you wouldn't be asking that type of question and you would know how
to get around the heating up the output stage. If you don't have a general
class or better license, don't operate that radio - it's illegal. Keep the
stooges on the internet and off of the airwaves.

Lloyd aka Neal; Anybody can listen, license or no, he just can't
legally xmit w/o a ticket.
And w/o an antenna, he won't receive, antenna tuner or no.