Evan Gatehouse

Default Satellite Weather

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:qX19c.538$9g.506@lakeread04...
When you talk about 137 Mhz that is the low orbit weather image
satellites like NOAA 15 & 17 and ? The best suite of programs for that
is David Taylor's WXtrack (free) and SatSignal ($50). I receive through
a Hamtronics R139 that cost about $50 and a home made Quadrafillar Helix
antenna mounted on my chimney. A good sweep from here in Middle Georgia

O.k. I have to ask: How do you make a DIY Helix antenna like the commercial
ones? I would have thought the construction tolerances would be quite
tight. Any online instructions?

I've used weatherfax a lot but no real time sat images. Might be useful in
the future.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)