Glenn Ashmore

Default Satellite Weather

When you talk about 137 Mhz that is the low orbit weather image
satellites like NOAA 15 & 17 and ? The best suite of programs for that
is David Taylor's WXtrack (free) and SatSignal ($50). I receive through
a Hamtronics R139 that cost about $50 and a home made Quadrafillar Helix
antenna mounted on my chimney. A good sweep from here in Middle Georgia
will give me a picture from the Windwards to Hudson Bay and Half way to
Bermuda to East Texas.

Pass prediction with graphics, self timing, automatic signal detection,
signal processing and cleanup and graphic overlays. The latest version
can be tied to your GPS to update your location and adjust the receive
times and graphic overlays as you move.

Vic Fraenckel wrote:
I would like to hear from anyone who regularly uses JVComm32 for receiving
weather data via radio. I understand that you can use the software with
marine
SSB as well as satellite at both VHF(137MH) and 1.7GH. What experience? Is
it worth a buy at approximately $75 (60 Euros)?

Any other S/W that can do this job?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

TIA

Vic