Default Cannibal

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:12:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

A kitty cat is a proper addition to a sailing yacht as they will eliminate
any mouse or rat that might come aboard from who knows where.

there is room for you, and a rat, on the yellow dinghy?

Many ocean-going sailors will confirm the fact that a 27-30 foot sailboat is
the ideal size because of the wavelength and frequency of prevailing winds
generated wave trains. Something about twice that size ends up being a
rougher ride by far and can be overwhelmed and pooped in a following sea
whereas the modest-size vessel just rides up and over like a duck. So, get a
clue. Loose that stupid bigger is better attitude. It only paints you as
ignorant of real world sailing.

snip

Errr, Willie, I'm here in Thailand, and you are still anchored in
Florida? And somehow this indicates that you are the sailorman and I'm
not.....

Admission of failure noted. While I have cruised thousands of miles, I have
never been stranded in some backwater for 30 years like you have. I have met
all my goals and have not been forced into expatriation by virtue of a
dearth of perserverance and/or skills.

Something wrong with your logic I'm afraid.

You're afraid, alright. Afraid of going the rest of the way around. LOL!
Keep telling yourself that half of your goal is success. One day in the
distant future you might even come to really believe it.

Liberal drones? what ever gave you that idea? I certainly would like
to see your evidence to support that statement..

Your brainwashed state and Joe's brainwashed state respecting equating
trying with succeeding is at the very core of liberal drone thinking. It's
the very same thought process that has children playing soccer, softball,
etc. and not keeping score because there can be no losers. Get a clue. In
life there ARE winners and losers and just because one tries, it doesn't
keep one from being a failure and a loser when one does not succeed. You and
Joe are quite pitiful really. Joe brags that he's the better man because he,
at least, tried. Never mind that he tried AND failed miserably. So, by his
reasoning, a miserable failure is better than somebody with goals he tries
and succeeds at attaining even though the goals don't seem quite so lofty?
So you have a failure presuming to be the arbiter of loft? That doesn't
strike you as ludicrous and inane? You can't see that grinding to a halt
half-way around is no success no matter how hard you try to rationalize it,
after the fact?

Wilbur Hubbard