Default Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:50:15 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

I love it! So, what are you going to say to your boss then he tries to
write you up for putting the sticker back on? "You'd better talk to YOUR
boss because he told me it was OK." That'll larn him!

It was perfect. I actually just walked in there before I left (leave
at 3pm), and sort of casually said, hey about that sticker thing... I
was talking to Greg and he seemed ok with it, but I can remove it if
you really think it's a problem. So, he says, oh yeah, Greg said
something to me about the (his Mystery Spot) sticker, but didn't say
to take it off. So I guess just don't worry about it. (I don't think
anyone complained. I think he just had a hair up his butt about
something and I happened to be there.)

He's probably one of those control freaks who thought he could browbeat a
"defenseless" woman. LOL!

snip

Ah.. ok. Never heard it called that. No kids and I limit my time with
my nieces.

Are your brothers older or younger? Probably older if they have kids
already.

snip

But, you can only get away with it once a month provided they have halfway
decent memories. ;-)

That's true, but that "once a month" could be a week! I know some
girls who would remove said pound of flesh if someone looks at them
the wrong way.

Never thought of that. Some PMS does last a week unfortunately. And some
women outright lose their minds. Best to steer clear of them until their
hormones get back to normal.

snip

You should get yourself a nice pair of black, shiney jackboots and a
riding
crop - really intimidate them. LOL!

Heh... Well, I prefer to go down the easy road first. I don't need the
stress. I mean if they want to blow up their house, all their
possessions, kids, wife, car... fine with me, as long as I told em and
wrote it down.

It would just like those Rubes to try to sue you if you FAILED to write it
down. I can see it now . . . "Your honor, my house passed inspection with
flying colors so it's HER (points at little ole you) fault it caught on fire
and burned up. It was HER job to find anything wrong."

snip

Well, heck! Even I can lift 35 lbs! Snub? Ok... like shorten it, so
you're pulling until you're right over it. Got it. The guy with the
Catalina had this monster-looking anchor, but we didn't use it.

You'd better be able to lift 35 pounds or you're awful puny. LOL! Yup, you
got snub right. A boat that displaces, say four tons of water can lift that
much wheight when a sizable wave rolls under it. If the anchor rode is
vertical the anchor doesn't stand a chance of staying stuck in the bottom.

Yes... I think he had all of it chain or well all I could see. It went
into a hatch, so I don't know. There was definitely chain though.

Some sailors are too stupid to realize that an all-chain rode is
dysfunctional because it's prohibitively heavy and the weight of it is
usually all right at the bow of the boat which causes the boat to hobby
horse it's way through the seas. A combination of chain and nylon
three-strand line is the better arrangement for smaller sailboats. Again,
it's a case of pretend sailors not really knowing what they're doing. They
see big ships and huge ship's anchors and all-chain rodes and they think if
it's good for big ships it must be good for small ships. Nothing could be
further from the truth.

Wilbur Hubbard