Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default Cannibal

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:50:15 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Actually, it's even better than that. His boss and I are sort of lunch
buddies going on a couple of years... it's kind of a long story, but
the short version is that I was on this commercial inspection project
in full "inspector" regalia (hard hat, gloves, steel-toe boots - all
of which were required, but I rarely go on these sites any more)..
anyway.. he ran over my foot in the dirt lot (no damage, just some
bruising) and he's still feels bad about it. I didn't go on workers
comp, which meant I didn't have to fill out a report, so you get it.

So, we're having lunch and I mention about stickers on vehicles...
isn't that against policy? Well, no, it isn't as long as it's
tasteful. So, I said, would it be ok if I put a Support our Troops on
the bumper... no problem. It's going on tomorrow.

I love it! So, what are you going to say to your boss then he tries to
write you up for putting the sticker back on? "You'd better talk to YOUR
boss because he told me it was OK." That'll larn him!

It was perfect. I actually just walked in there before I left (leave
at 3pm), and sort of casually said, hey about that sticker thing... I
was talking to Greg and he seemed ok with it, but I can remove it if
you really think it's a problem. So, he says, oh yeah, Greg said
something to me about the (his Mystery Spot) sticker, but didn't say
to take it off. So I guess just don't worry about it. (I don't think
anyone complained. I think he just had a hair up his butt about
something and I happened to be there.)

snipped some more

Blinky? I've not heard that term... for a Ham radio??

That's "Binky". You know one of those little fake nipples mothers let their
babies suck on so they don't cry.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...ELAID=61283337

Ah.. ok. Never heard it called that. No kids and I limit my time with
my nieces.

snip

Funny that you mentioned the flat-screened TVs. You'd be surprised at how
often a discussion of flat-screened TVs comes up here. It's so ludicrous
reading so-called sailors REAL priorities - television. Some of them even
have satellite receivers aboard. All the more reason for them to run
smelly
and noisy generators multiple hours each and every day. Anything but
sailing
yet they claim to be sailors.

Yeah, I just don't get it. There are so many things to see and do...
how about some real life!

Don't hold your breath . . . They don't call them 'sheeple' for nothing.

I didn't even have to say PMS! They just assumed.

But, you can only get away with it once a month provided they have halfway
decent memories. ;-)

That's true, but that "once a month" could be a week! I know some
girls who would remove said pound of flesh if someone looks at them
the wrong way.

We do good things most of the time. The commercial people mostly get
it. Don't f*ck with me or your life will be a living hell. (Actually,
they seem to listen to me more than the residential customers.) The
residential ones think they know everything! I had one a couple of
weeks ago.. a diy job. The guy hooked up furness fine, but never
attached the ducting that goes from the air intake to the unit... a
good inch gap - so it was sucking in air from God knows where, so the
chief red-flagged it. I found it, so I got "blamed" by the customer. I
said, hey, would you like me to look around for some more things?

You should get yourself a nice pair of black, shiney jackboots and a riding
crop - really intimidate them. LOL!

Heh... Well, I prefer to go down the easy road first. I don't need the
stress. I mean if they want to blow up their house, all their
possessions, kids, wife, car... fine with me, as long as I told em and
wrote it down.

Three... whoa! It must take a lot to bring up the big ones... even
just 10 ft. of chain isn't light.

Even with the chain they only weigh about 35 pounds each. That's not much
really. Breaking them out of the bottom, if the holding is good, is the most
work but usually the boat does all that work. Just snub up the chain until
it's straight up and down and let a few waves roll under the hull and the
boat pulls the anchor out of the mud or sand.

Well, heck! Even I can lift 35 lbs! Snub? Ok... like shorten it, so
you're pulling until you're right over it. Got it. The guy with the
Catalina had this monster-looking anchor, but we didn't use it.

The eyes bigger than their stomach crowd with their forty and fifty foot
boats must use anchors bigger and heavier than they can manually weigh -
fifty or sixty pound anchors and lots of heavy chain - so they are forced to
use windlasses which use electricity to pull up the ground tackle. These use
tons of electricity and are very heavy and require heavy wire because of the
high amperage loads. So, where does all that electricity come from? You
guessed it, it comes from smelly, pollution machine diesels generating
electricity at all hours. Overly large sailboats are really stupid, IMO. Any
time a boat is so large that one strong man cannot manually work the various
systems, it tells me it's an exercise in mental retardation on behalf of the
owner.

Yes... I think he had all of it chain or well all I could see. It went
into a hatch, so I don't know. There was definitely chain though.