Justin C[_38_] Justin C[_38_] is offline

Default Cannibal

In article , Gordon wrote:
On 1/28/2011 7:01 AM, Justin C wrote:

Try this on for size, and then Google for participants own reports:URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Fastnet_race

I don't believe the people in this race were not prepared, nor the boats
in poor condition. The crews were just exhausted, and in fear for their
lives.

Further reading: Sydney to Hobart, 1998.

Justin.

And just after that report came out, the price of a Contessa 32 doubled!

I was going to comment on the Contessa myself, but I thought it might
detract from my point. I've looked at a lot of boats (on-line) and I
haven't found many with a stability curve that comes close to the
Contessa. I'd love one, there's one in a slip just a long from me and
she's in lovely condition, I admire it every time I pass. My wife wants
a Rustler 36, we don't have the budget for either, but you'd get several
Contessa's for the price of one Rustler :-(

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.