otnmbrd

Default Thrust vectoring

I'm always learning.
Actually, most people I get into these discussions with (I'm not an
instructor in any sense of a formal course, though I've taught more than
one "newbie") are people with experience that have a problem or need to
figure out a reason for what they are seeing/experiencing. Frequently
the discussion revolves around "inboard" turning and "outboard" turning
props (no one here picked up on that difference, which I find
interesting, yet many were concerned with using rudders when going
astern, which I was not discussing).
I'm still hoping to see some other responses to my responses, since how
others see things, can be as educational as how I see things BG.

otn

Frank Maier wrote:
otnmbrd wrote...

Thanks. In answer to your question, yes, but "torque steer" would not
work for me, as I would be apt to apply that to "prop walk".

Yep, much more appropriate; but that leaves me with no opinion. Hope
you derive something useful here. Have you asked your students if they
have any analogies or concepts to offer when you see the lightbulb of
understanding go off in their heads that first time?