noah

Default 20 to 30hp Johnson

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:14:53 GMT, "swedishconnection"
wrote:

I have a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke.Just run 60 hours.
To pull waterskies with my Zodiac I need 10 more hp.
Does anyone know how complicated it is to "scare" the motor to 30 hp?
How is it done?
Grateful for any tip!
matts

It may be done, but I would be reluctant to pull waterskiers with a
true Zodiac. The lack of a rigid hull or fixed keel could present a
steering (i.e. safety) issue. I wouldn't do it.

I have skied behind a 14hp when I was 10 (90lbs), and a 40hp when I
was 18 (150 lbs), but how much do your friends weigh? I wouldn't care
to try to ski behind a souped-up 20/30. Are you willing to sacrifice
your engine?
Try tubing, it's fun!

Regards,
noah