Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Cannibal

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:26:37 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:20:12 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

Jessica B wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:47:36 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:39:35 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
snippage
Given that I have lived for more than half of my life in Asia I wonder
where you came up with your misconception that I ever intended to go
further.
You expect me to believe your goal was a Bangkok backwater? Yah, right!

But of course you don't have misconceptions you simply make it up,
unfortunately your blathering is simply "ignorance in action'.

Wilbur: The proper length for your dinghy oars is short enough to fit
inside the boat.
ONE of the attributes of a proper-length dinghy oar is that it fits into the
length of the dinghy. Get a clue and stop twisting my words.

I hadn't believed that you were actually as stupid as you just proved
yourself. I guess that proves that you should never underrate your
opponents abilities.

The "attribute" of an oar is that it reaches the water..... (Oars
originated for, and are still used today, as a devise to propel a boat
(through the water). Certainly it may have other attributes such as
weight, shape of blade, material of which it is made, etc, but fitting
inside the boat is not one of them.

Your argument is about as logical as saying that the mast should not
be longer then the length of the cockpit....because that
is where you want to keep it when you aren't using the sails.

Cheers,

Bruce

Ok... dumb question time... if the oar doesn't fit in the boat, what
the heck do you do with it when you're done using it? If you just
leave it hanging out, it seems to me it would get torn off or damaged.

Mine are in the oar bag.

Ok.. so, what happens when you get to the beach or where you're going?
Seems to me that you'd want to keep them in the boat and not sticking
out?

Ever wonder what the Kayak boys do with their paddles that are about 7
ft. long, and them with a cockpit that is an 18 inch hole in the top
of the boat.

Cheers,

Bruce