Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default Cannibal

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:26:55 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:18:55 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snipped some repeat

Tell me about it. If I want to keep my job, I need to keep my mouth
shut. I put a small "Support our troops" ribbon-sticker on the car I'm
assigned and someone in the office complained to my boss. I asked what
the problem was with it, and he told me that "while you have the right
to free speech, you can't have the sticker on an official car." Ok,
except that he had a "Mystery Spot" sticker on his (it's a place in
northern cal that's an optical illusion). No comment from him.

Yes, the old, liberal double standard rears it's ugly head. Do as I say -
not as I do and all that. . . Try to find a G-Spot sticker (apolitical just
like his) for your car and when he tells you to get rid of it be sure to
have a photo of his "Mystery Spot" sticker then hit him up with a sexual
harassment lawsuit.

Actually, it's even better than that. His boss and I are sort of lunch
buddies going on a couple of years... it's kind of a long story, but
the short version is that I was on this commercial inspection project
in full "inspector" regalia (hard hat, gloves, steel-toe boots - all
of which were required, but I rarely go on these sites any more)..
anyway.. he ran over my foot in the dirt lot (no damage, just some
bruising) and he's still feels bad about it. I didn't go on workers
comp, which meant I didn't have to fill out a report, so you get it.

So, we're having lunch and I mention about stickers on vehicles...
isn't that against policy? Well, no, it isn't as long as it's
tasteful. So, I said, would it be ok if I put a Support our Troops on
the bumper... no problem. It's going on tomorrow.

snippage
.

Atta girl! I used to have a little TV years ago but I got so mad at how
much of a waste of space it was that I ended up tossing it overboard in
the
Gulf Stream one fine day. Haven't missed TV since. The little snippets I
get
of it in public places such as stores and restaurants reconfirms my
observation that TV is the main reason why much of the American public is
bunch of stupid, brainwashed, mindless consumers and hypocrite drones.

All you get is Olbermann (that God he's off!) or blood and guns
nonsense. I can't listen to any of them honestly.

Never even saw that Rube. Just heard Rush describing how worthless he is and
didn't they just fire his sorry arse? Is Olberman the one who got the tingle
right up his leg when listening to Obama?

Yep.. fired him, some deal I think. Chris Matthews... another
intellectual snob IMHO.

The only place to get somewhat accurate and unbiased information is the
radio. A shortwave radio receiver is a necessity so one can listen to
radio
around the world to get an unslanted view of what's going on. Even Radio
Havana has more accurate reporting than the Voice of America or the
Corporation for Public Broadcast - a taxpayer supported arm of the
Democrat
Party.

I don't have a shortwave. Don't you have to have a license to use it?
Ham?

Only if you transmit.

Ah...

You can listen to any frequency without a license thus the recommendation of
a receiver and not a transceiver. I hate Ham and SSB radios aboard yachts.
This is yet another anomaly that some pretenders must install because they
need the Binky to remind them of their preferred way of life - a lubberly
abode ashore.

Blinky? I've not heard that term... for a Ham radio??

snippage

What you just said applies almost EVERYWHERE. Few things are more pathetic
than the pretenders living in the Marinas or keeping their boats there
where
most of them rot away going unused year after year, just taking up space
and
making the Marina look like some floating, trailer park trash haven. It is
general truism that the bigger the boat the less it sails. You hit the
nail
right on the head with that one, JessicaB. Just look at all the
thick-as-an-arm, power cords, hoses, dock lines, cable TV
hook-ups,fenders,
etc. that must be dealt with. Daunting. I can be underway in two minutes
just by tying a float to my mooring lines and dropping it into the water.

Well I guess if you have a boat for entertainment or something, then I
guess it's ok to be stuck next to the other guy who's doing the same
thing. I even saw a LCD or LED TV on one of them. Seems dumb. Seems
like if you want to entertain people, do it in your house or rent a
hotel venue.

Funny that you mentioned the flat-screened TVs. You'd be surprised at how
often a discussion of flat-screened TVs comes up here. It's so ludicrous
reading so-called sailors REAL priorities - television. Some of them even
have satellite receivers aboard. All the more reason for them to run smelly
and noisy generators multiple hours each and every day. Anything but sailing
yet they claim to be sailors.

Yeah, I just don't get it. There are so many things to see and do...
how about some real life!

snippage

What kind of work do you do?

I'm part of the building dept. inspector's office. Oh look, that pipe
is suppose to be gray not white, and shocker... it's an inch off for
the bury depth. Here's a violation for you. Oh, I'm sorry, even though
it was done to code, you didn't pull a permit for that portable hot
tub, so we have to red-flag it. Some of it I get, but most of it is
just for money for the city. Got off early today. I faked a headache.

Ha ha. Women sure get a lot of mileage out of the good ole headache. LOL!
Boy, yours is a thankless job. Everybody hates a building/construction
inspector but you guys are necessary. Otherwise builders would cheat to cut
costs and shoddy, substandard and dangerous construction would be the norm.

I didn't even have to say PMS! They just assumed.

We do good things most of the time. The commercial people mostly get
it. Don't f*ck with me or your life will be a living hell. (Actually,
they seem to listen to me more than the residential customers.) The
residential ones think they know everything! I had one a couple of
weeks ago.. a diy job. The guy hooked up furness fine, but never
attached the ducting that goes from the air intake to the unit... a
good inch gap - so it was sucking in air from God knows where, so the
chief red-flagged it. I found it, so I got "blamed" by the customer. I
said, hey, would you like me to look around for some more things?

snippage

Sadly, there isn't much one can do other than weighing anchor and moving
someplace else far enough away where there aren't any inconsiderate morons
within earshot. You can't reason with people who can't even understand
they
are not wanted in the area and are acting like Neanderthals. They have
this
attitude that the whole world revolves around them and everybody else can
just bugger off.

That doesn't seem right. I mean if you were there first... oh well.
Seems like a pain to raise the anchor. It must be pretty big even for
a smaller boat? It's got to hold all the weight in place, even if
there are waves and wind. Maybe two smaller ones are better than one
big one?

You're correct, it isn't right but that's life. One of the many good things
about a functionally-sized sailboat is the smaller and manageable ground
tackle. I carry three different anchors at the ready on bow rollers --
22-pound Danforth Hi-Tensile, 25-pound CQR, and 25-pound Herreschoff
yachtsman anchor. Each have about ten feet of stainless steel chain affixed.
I usually set two anchors Bahamian style. Being a strong, handsome and
virile man, it is nothing for me to weigh a couple of 25-pound anchors and
move away from some inconsiderate and noisy jerk's hazard to my health and
welfare. I don't particularly like doing it but one must often take matters
in one's own hands to better one's circumstances and the inconsiderate
people be damned.

Three... whoa! It must take a lot to bring up the big ones... even
just 10 ft. of chain isn't light.