Keith

Default overboard discharge

You wouldn't be worried about the engine sucking in little bits of macerated
toilet paper? Guess it should have dissolved by then, eh?

--

Keith
__
"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
TB wrote:
Thanks Peggie, I will be emptying the holding tank not direct discharge.
The through hull will be on the oposite side to the head intake but will
be forward of the engine intake, That means that pumping the tank with
the engine running will be a no-no.

A little highly diluted liquified waste shouldn't be a problem for your
engine intake, esepcially if you're moving--even just at idle--while you
dump the tank. But it's still important that the thru-hull be readily
accessible so that it can be kept closed except when dumping the tank.
'Cuz even if the thru-hull doesn't face forward, water can still be
pushed up the hose into the tank by the pressure of the water against
the hull when you're underway...the macerator or pump will slow it down,
but it won't block it. I'd also recommend that you put y-valve, not just
a tee fitting, in your pumpout line...'cuz pumps never fail when a tank
is empty, so you want to be able to cut off the flow from the tank to it.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html