otnmbrd

Default Thrust vectoring

Gould 0738 wrote:
Thanks. Actually, I am talking about "wash over the rudder", but I'm
trying to get away from the term "Steering" and it's overall sense of
driving the boat, to concentrate on the effects/advantages of a "kick"
ahead when using or not using the rudder.

From a dead stop, with rudder amidships, you'll experience only a minor amount
of crabbing in the stern when selecting forward. IME. The forward efficiency of
the prop will begin moving the boat ahead so quickly that you can't count on
much useful kick in the stern.

If the wind has you pinned against the dock, you won't realize enough kick to
get the stern free. If the wind is blowing you off the dock, you won't need to
worry about it in any event.

All true .... I should have left "or not using" the rudder out of my
statement above.

otn