Frank Maier

Default Thrust vectoring

otnmbrd wrote:
....snip...
With this in mind, for those with twin screw boats, if I told you that
rudders were important tools of boat handling, but not to be considered
for steering, rather for "thrust vectoring", when maneuvering around a
dock, etc., when kicking an engine ahead, both positive and negative
...... would you understand what I was saying?

Just a thought... many people would understand the concept of "torque
steer" from their car-driving experience. Maybe that phrase would
work. Personally, I wouldn't find "thrust vectoring" an informative
phrase. Adn it seems to me that you're looking for a useful
description rather than a "scientific" explanation, right?

Frank