Default Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:36:52 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

You're a rare type these days. . .

Well, thanks! Actually, I have some friends who are pretty sensible.
They can't believe I work for the city.

It must be difficult working alongside a bunch of liberals which is usually
what you end up with in any government office. They hate conservatives and
actively discriminate against them. So much for their vaunted 'diversity.'

snip

I guess the point is these lubbers who pretend to be sailors are actually
comforted by having familiar household appliances running. I suppose it
relieves the tension the feel on a boat so they use it as a security
blanket
of sorts.

I don't even like to listen to the TV... maybe some football or
baseball at a friend's place.

Atta girl! I used to have a little TV years ago but I got so mad at how
much of a waste of space it was that I ended up tossing it overboard in the
Gulf Stream one fine day. Haven't missed TV since. The little snippets I get
of it in public places such as stores and restaurants reconfirms my
observation that TV is the main reason why much of the American public is a
bunch of stupid, brainwashed, mindless consumers and hypocrite drones.

The only place to get somewhat accurate and unbiased information is the
radio. A shortwave radio receiver is a necessity so one can listen to radio
around the world to get an unslanted view of what's going on. Even Radio
Havana has more accurate reporting than the Voice of America or the
Corporation for Public Broadcast - a taxpayer supported arm of the Democrat
Party.

I don't know if you've spent any time in or around boats but very
ludicrous
is when so-called sailors become all insecure in any kind of moderate to
heavy winds so what do they do? They start up the diesel and keep it
running
on 'standby'. Talk about Binky city. LOL!

Not really a lot. It's pretty light wind down this way, but I don't
think the boats around here go out much. Every time I visit a marina,
just about every boat is at the dock. The big ones never seem to
leave.. mostly smaller ones who look like they know what they're
doing.

What you just said applies almost EVERYWHERE. Few things are more pathetic
than the pretenders living in the Marinas or keeping their boats there where
most of them rot away going unused year after year, just taking up space and
making the Marina look like some floating, trailer park trash haven. It is a
general truism that the bigger the boat the less it sails. You hit the nail
right on the head with that one, JessicaB. Just look at all the
thick-as-an-arm, power cords, hoses, dock lines, cable TV hook-ups,fenders,
etc. that must be dealt with. Daunting. I can be underway in two minutes
just by tying a float to my mooring lines and dropping it into the water.

snip

I suppose I'm spoiled here in southern Florida. It gets a little chilly
from
time to time in the winter but most of the year it's shorts, sandals and
t-shirt time. Shoes are for the land. I don't allow cigarette smoking
aboard
nor do I allow shoes worn. Nothing beats bare feet. If one is so clumsy
that
they stub a toe then I say, "TOUGH." So no bubble busted. Actually any
enclosed footwear is bad for the feet. Makes a great environment for
smelly
bacteria and hungry fungus.

I hate to wear closed shoes if I don't have to... I have to at work. a
nice outfit because I have deal with the public when I travel around.

What kind of work do you do?

snip

You are so well-grounded. Why can't everybody be a little less selfish and
little more concerned about peace and quiet - especially in an anchorage.
Are they so stupid and/or rude that they think their individual noise has
greater rights than others peace and quiet. Just who are these people who
are so self-centered and arrogant? Not only do they make noise but they
pollute the atmosphere doing it. Any boat downwind from a diesel motor
running will be forced to breathe dangerous and obnoxious fumes. How rude
is
THAT?

It's got to be the worst smell there is. I almost puked the last time
I smelled it.

Many people become "seasick" on diesel powered boats not as much from the
motion but from those obnoxious diesel fumes. I wish there were stricter
emmission standards being enforced for diesel engines.

snip

I can't stand it when my neighbors run their TVs full blast. How about
other people?? Hello??

You won't get much support among this bunch of lubbers who are addicted to
their televisions. They are just so used to noise. Instead of doing the
sensible thing and turning the noise down, they turn it up more and more to
drown out all the other inconsiderate people who are making an infernal
racket. It becomes a vicious circle of escalating noise.

snip

Believe me I have. I get settled into a nice quiet anchorage by
mid-afternoon and around sunset here comes the obnoxious twits who come
motoring in, anchor directly upwind of me, the only other boat in the
anchorage, and about three boat lengths away. Do they think I love company
so much that I need a close neighbor? They anchor by committee which is
the
moron at the helm yelling at the top of his lungs at the poor wife at the
bow dealing with the anchor. Then they don't even back down on the anchor.
They just drop it with about twenty feet of chain lying right on top of
it.
Then they jump in the inflatable with the 25 HP outboard, they coax in the
barking dog. Then off they roar making a big wake. Then they come back
after
the dog has shat on somebody's lawn with bags of groceries and cases of
beer
and then they proceed to play loud music and get drunk and holler and
scream
until about 2 o'clock in the morning. This is what sailing has come to and
most of the imbeciles here in this group actually defend that kind of
behavior because they, themselves, regularly engage in it.

How do you deal with them? I hate yelling. I had an ex who yelled.
Give me a break. I was smarter and he couldn't handle it. Dump time
didn't come a day too soon!

Sadly, there isn't much one can do other than weighing anchor and moving
someplace else far enough away where there aren't any inconsiderate morons
within earshot. You can't reason with people who can't even understand they
are not wanted in the area and are acting like Neanderthals. They have this
attitude that the whole world revolves around them and everybody else can
just bugger off.

Wilbur Hubbard