noah

Default Where does your trailer hit?

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:41:48 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Hello.

My new boat came "with" an Easyloader trailer. Problem is - it was a new
trailer and the marina just dropped the boat on the trailer and waved
goodbye at it. It didn't adjust anything.

I now have the bunks adjusted correctly - but I'm a little unsure about the
front roller and winch area.

So I'll do a quick survey.........

Those of you with 18 foot bow-riders..........

Where does the front roller land on the hull when you roll it in? How far
under the rub-rail on the nose? How far from the bow-cleat? Over or under
the bow cleat??

Thanks

-W

Clams- I'm sure there are spec's laying around on someone's desk, but
here's what I do:

I try to fit the "front roller" or bow receiver (sometimes it's just a
rubberized "V") so that it doesn't interfere with launching. This
usually means that the "bow eye" on the boat stays *below* the roller
or "V". If you have the eye above, and dip your trailer a little too
deep, the stern will lift, causing the bow eye to hang up on the front
"roller". This will depend, of course, on how high your winch is set
up.

My friend had a 21' I/O that hung up everytime he tried to launch it.
We had to lift the "bow eye" off the receiver by hand every time.
....drove me nuts.

Good luck,
noah