Wayne.B

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:09:55 GMT, (Remco
Moedt) wrote:
On 23 Mar 2004 19:35:47 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

wayne, I personally know a guy who believes it is foolish to sail in winds
above 20 knots.

Well, it is....It's also foolish to bungee jump, use the black slope
while skiing or drive 150 Mph with a motorbike....

20 kt winds are par for the course in some locales and are frequently
encountered offshore, sometimes for days at a time. No big problem
for the right boat and the right crew, but I can tell you from
personal experience that going to weather in 20 kts gets real old and
tiresome after a few days in any boat I've sailed that was under 50
feet long.