Default Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:48:35 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

I'm guessing that on a two or three year cruise it might be nice to
processionally have clean clothes.

But that's just me. YMMV?

Steve Lusardi wrote:
Jessica,
I hate laundermats. I have a washer and dryer on my boat. They are very
useful. Here is a tip, never use a belt drive model. They throw the belt
off when sailing.
Steve

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:18:51 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibal
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

Wow... pretty boat, but isn't it a pain to get in an out from where
the big wheel is? Seems like they could have made it simpler.

A washer/dryer on a sailboat??? That's weird!
--

47 is special

Doesn't the boat ever stop somewhere? Seems like all you have to do is
pull in somewhere and deal with it.

What happens in the middle of the ocean? You're going to do laundry in
your bring-along system? Seems at odds with sailing some how.

I can't help loving your sensible attitude.

You are 100% correct. Some of these lubbers don't know what sailing's all
about, even when they've abused (as opposed to used) a sailboat for years.
Some, like those who carry shoreside-type washer/driers and run them when
sailing (or when anchored) are just plain pathetic.

When sailing one needs minimal clothing. To wash that clothing, when
necessary, all that's needed is a bucket full of salt water, a good
detergent that bubbles up in salt water and bleach. Hand scrubbing some
shorts and t-shirts takes little time and one hand-rinse with fresh water
will rid them of salt residue so they dry properly. Drying them in the wind
and sun takes less than a half hour.

Instead, some so-called sailors load their boats up with all sorts of
lubberly crap that requires lubberly amount of energy and I'm convinced they
do so because they really are AFRAID to sail and live the sailing life so
they sail a house, apartment or condo instead.

I wouldn't mind this sort of stupidity except for the fact that it spreads
out from their boats like a giant sewage slick. The noise of generators 24/7
to run all this crap impinges upon the peace, quiet and clean air of
anchorages everywhere. And, these fools actually think they are sailors.
They think they are cool and they actually brag about their selfish and
anti-social activities on Usenet.

They are disgusting, selfish and ignorant, bothersome losers.

Wilbur Hubbard