rhys

Default Goliath 1, David zip, and shame on Carver Boat Co. :-(

On 24 Mar 2004 03:51:54 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

We have a broker up in Anacortes, WA that has been around almost 20 years.
Nice bunch of low-key folks who sell primarily sailboats ( hey, everybody has a
cross to bear). The firm has always been known as Voyager Yachts, and Fred West
is the owner.

Last weekend at the Anacortes Floating Boat Show, I noticed that Voyager Yachts
had changed its name to West Yachts. Seemed like an odd move after building up
a decent reputation for a couple of decades, so I asked one of the brokers
about the name change. A tale of ridiculous corporate bullying ensued.....

snip

Now West Marine's gonna sue this poor *******'s ass. Hey, here in
Canada we have a great little windvane manufacturing place called
Voyager Windvanes (you could look him up, they are great pieces of
design and assembly). Wonder if Carver, who build crap boats IMO, will
also go after this guy, because it's so easy to confuse a windvane
from a power boat that looks like a Vegas whore's bidet.

Not that I would know that, of course.

R.