rhys

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

On 23 Mar 2004 13:39:41 -0800, (Frank Maier) wrote:

To be blunt, my short answer is, "Yes." Even for full keel, heavy
displacement, low aspect ratio, multi-stick etc. boats, my personal
belief is that passive methods are not as good as active methods. In
shorthand, that'd be "lying a-hull is passe." Like all
generalizations, it's too broadly stated; but again, we're not writing
full-length novels to each other here and we hafta use some shortcuts.

I would tend to agree if only because of the psychological benefit of
doing "something" over nothing. But realistically, the boat, the
weather and the crew would dictate entirely my response, were it mine
to call.

R.