Steven Shelikoff

Default Supporting a boat by its mast.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:58:20 -0500, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:

Steven Shelikoff wrote:
"PsiMan" wrote:

Or like how a mast is secured to a boat?

Exactly. The point would be to have a set of ropes everywhere
shrouds attach to the mast and tension then the same. That kind of
arrangement should be easily be strong enough to keep the boat
upright.

I seem to recall that the original poster intended to secure these ropes to
other peoples' cradles. Would that color your opinion?

And I'll repeat what I said about tying to cradles:
Definitely don't do that. There should be nothing tied to the cradles.

The point above is that the rig is certainly strong enough to keep the
boat from falling over if the ropes are attached where the shrouds are.
As for the bottom of the ropes, heavy stakes should do. Something like
big top circus tent stakes.

Steve