JAXAshby

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

Wayne, I personally met a man who got caught solo quite east of Cape Hatterras
when a huricane unexpectedly turned way north. He rode the storm out (no winds
above 75 knots he said) rather than jump into the water to be rescued by the CG
who came out to retrieve him. He said he felt safer on the boat than getting
into the water.

I also talked with a guy (he had a boat for sale I thought I might be
interested in) who traveled a day and half to approach a port from which the CG
was *screaming* (his word) at him to NOT enter just because the winds got up to
40 knots and his "wife got scared". The boat the guy owned is considered and
extremely seaworthy boat and was nearly 40 feet long.

I stand by my statement that most people are terrified of the water

Jax, I think we'd all enjoy hearing about some of the exciting
offshore passages that you've made in 50 kt winds on your Bristol 27.