JAXAshby

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

*You* need to go back and read Chuck's post for content.

I did, again. Chuck is saying it is okay to take a litewait Nimrod offshore,
and Chuck is saying that brokers do not care what prior use a boat has had,
they will sell it anyway.

I was saying that my personal conversations with many brokers wherein our
association was anywhere from neglegible to to me and he trying to get to a
deal, I found a number of brokers who stated flatly they would NOT list a
Nimrad that had been taken offshore. Period. I was startled by the vehamence
with which these brokers expressed their distaste for such boats.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar beyond the ordinary. Those guys had been burned in the
pocket book, and burned badly. Making a bad deal turn right is a costly one
for a broker who depends on good will to build and keep a customer base. Those
brokers flatly, bluntly stated they would never list such a boat again.

Nimrods are okay for coastal work. Abuse them offshore and they have more
problems than a run over dog. At least according to the first hand reports I
got from brokers.

I paid particular attention to that, for brokers stand to make a commission by
selling a boat. If they don't want to sell a particular boat I hafta ask
myself if they know something I don't.

The original discusssion was the viability of a Bristol 27 vs a PricePoint 36
for offshore passages.