Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default a viable boating related business?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:20:29 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

Somebody needs to run a parts
delivery service there and I am surprised the locals do not.

Down in the central Exumas at Staniel Cay there is an operation called
Watermakers Air that flys in and out twice a day from Lauderdale after
making a customs stop at Andros Island. Upon request they will fly
in everything from electronics to new props. I'd guess that there
are probably similar services at some of the other islands. There are
small airstrips on almost all of the islands and everyone knows a
pilot somewhere.

It's only money mon !

http://www.watermakersair.com/

There's also a forwarding service for cuisers called St Brendans Isle.
They are famous for being able to find the unobtainable and figuring
out the best way of getting it to you, really a first rate operation.

http://www.sbimailservice.com/

Most of the guys with the big sportfishing boats are very well
connected and extremely wealthy. In addition to professional
captains, crews and a lot of spare parts already onboard, they will
typically have a mechanic on retainer back in the states. In exchange
for some amount of dinero the mechanic will hop a chartered plane with
whatever parts and tools are needed.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=15e30aa6243a1dc9&sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2 L6w