Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default Dinghy experiment #5

On Jan 17, 6:38*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:30:59 -0500, I am Tosk

wrote:
This guy really took it to a new level about a decade or so ago... I
also have an antique kayak that is all poles and sleeves, it breaks down
and carries in two backpacks...

Oh crap, forgot the website... Try this

http://www.gaboats.com/

Those are the old Platt Monfort designs. *Very elegant and very light
but they do not disassemble and seem a bit fragile to my eye.

The problem with the Porta-Botes is that I want one with more capacity
than the 8' but less than the 10' which is why I built my 2-Paw Dinghy
as a 9' version. The 8' porta-bote has a capacity of 445lbs. With a
lightweight Suzuki 2.5 hp at 29 lbs, that leaves 416 lbs. I weigh 187
lbs leaving 229 lbs. Wife weighs 130 leaving 99 lbs. One teenager
weighs..........
Am I being too pedantic about this? Would it be really bad to
overload one by 30 lbs for a 2 minute ride in chop?