Jack. Jack. is offline

Default OT- Absolutely amazing radio controlled B-29

On Jan 16, 5:47*pm, Tim wrote:
A B29 model powered by 4 chainsaw engines... Complete with a mid-air
launch of an X1 rocket! * Here's where a lot of work pays off.

http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv

I've seen that thing fly twice, and watched him crash it once. After
the X1 landed, he spun the B29 down from way up high, where he'd been
circling while the X1 did it's thing. Then he flew down the runway
doing slow rolls, and during one of the rolls the outer third of one
of the wings folded up. That was several years ago, and I understand
it's been crashed and rebuilt more than once since.

The original B29 was built by a guy who didn't get a chance to finish
it before he passed away. The family gave it to Mac Hodges, and he
finished it and began flying it at RC events.

BTW... those aren't exactly "chainsaw" motors. They are purpose-built
for RC aircraft use. The current B29 has four DA-100 motors that are
twin cylinder, 100cc and cost $1000 each. Yes, with all the motors,
radio gear, and airframe it's probably $6000 - 7000 in the air. Just
the props can be over $100 each.

Here's the motor used: http://www.desertaircraft.com/engine...hp?Page=DA-100