Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dinghy experiment #5

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:06:48 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Wayne i was going to suggest jsut something like that for Frog's use.
Of course I dont' knwo the situation but with all his experimenting,
would it be practical to carry a flattened inflatable, and a battery
operated electric ( or even a manual) air pump and inflate it when
necessary? I'd think it would beat having the thing inflated and
getting in the way of things

On balance I think that carrying a deflated inflatable is the best
answer for boats in his size range. The only real downside is that
they don't row very well. The manual foot pumps that are normally
supplied are usually very efficient - no real need for electric unless
you are in a huge rush.