Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Mac26 as a cruising boat

On 1/16/11 5:26 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:27:56 -0500,
wrote:

Are there four to five foot breaking waves in the summer on the
Connecticut River?

It can get pretty gnarly at the mouth of the breakwater. All it takes
is a strong ebb hitting a windy sou'wester. We got whacked there one
day in our old 24 ft cuddy, very nasty and steep, probably 3 to 4
footers.

I haven't been on that river in a small boat in 50 years, and what
little I recall was a flat calm day in the middle of summer. I remember
the boat, though. It was a Lyman, a 15 or 16-footer, with an Evinrude,
maybe a 33 or 35 hp, or something around that size.