JAXAshby

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

You drifted for 6 hours???

no, actually, I didn't. The boat, along with the hired captain and the boat's
owner, drifted for six some hours. I watched the clouds, watched the barges on
the other side of the sound go one way or the other. I thought about the
"sudden business meeting I had to prepare for" and thus the reason I was going
to leave the boat when we got to shore. I thought about how we had made just
110 miles in five days on a 300 mile trip. I thought about a silicone chickie
I see whenever she gets lonely. I thought about the guys on the next boat
delivery the hired captain was doing -- the guys he said he was going to toss
off the boat short of the stated destination, I thought about the unknown to
me girls the hired captain was going to toss off that next boats -- girls who
"didn't get with the program". I thought about how the hired captain didn't
know there would be currents in the East River. I thought about maybe the
whole situation might be turned into a novel.

I didn't drift for six hours. The boat drifted for six hours and I was just
along for the ride.