JAXAshby

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

jeffies, for the gazillionth time, *I* did not declare an emergency, the hired
captain did (long story, a story the CG investigated)

Now you're claiming that the "professional" captain was a fraud
and a bozo.

yup. and it is documented -- not by me -- by many others on another part of
the net.

You claim to be the "engine expert" but you seem to be saying that
you called the Coast Guard rather than even look to see if the intake was
fouled.

the hired captain insisted the engine overheated and the boat owner accepted
that statement. I had considered leaving the boat two days before when docked
to fix the first "emergency" and figured when we got to shore this time I would
indeed leave.

Extra heat in the cabin??? I suppose it could happen, but in a proper setup
by
the time you noticed the increase you would likely have done some damage, if
only to the hoses.

jeggies, you don't understand how much heat an overheated engine gives off how
quickly.

Without a gauge, it more likely the first sign would be the
smell of paint burning off the engine.

there was a guage visable to the hired captain.