Lloyd Sumpter

Default Report: Desolation Sound Trip

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:30:54 +0000, Paul Schilter wrote:

Great story Lloyd, thanks for the report. The salamander part reminded me of
a time we were having dinner in Marathon Florida, a scorpion passed under
our outdoor table, we gave him lots of room.
Paul

Glad you liked it!

One thing I wanted to emphasize: the potential for injury due to lack of
"tailboard discussion" before removing the stern line. We both knew that
as soon as the stern line was released, Far Cove was gonna swing down onto
some rocks. I was clear on what *I* thought should be done (pull up on the
anchor line as soon as the stern line was released), but I didn't convey
this to Angelique, nor did I convey that letting go of the line was an
option for her.

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS discuss what will be done, what order, what dangers
could be involved, before doing anything hazardous!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36