Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Smaller trucks?

In article ,
says...

"Harryk" wrote in message
On 1/3/11 11:49 PM, Tim wrote:
I haven't seen where smaller trucks are really that great of a savings
compared to their bigger counter parts, Especially if you plan on
really using them.

It depends on how you plan to use a truck. I no longer have a trailer boat
so I don't need a full-sized truck to tow a heavy boat. The smaller trucks
are...smaller...and therefore easier to park, easier to maneuver, a little
easier on the gas. Most of the time the "stuff" my wife buys at the garden
shops and other stores will easily fit into a smaller truck. The other
times, the "stuff" is too large for even a full-size pickup truck.

I happened to park next to a new Toyota Tundra the other day, and thought
that truck was just humongous. I owned a Tundra some years ago; it was
significantly smaller than the current models.

The new trucks do seem way too big for a city dwelling weekend warrior.
I did have the Ranger for three years , but I have mixed feelings about
them.
I could never claim to be tall in a newsgroup where every second poster
claims to be 6' 4" and weighing 230 or so .................... but on the
other hand, if you stood me next to Scotty..................
anyway, they jack the Rangers up.. even the 2WD versions and seem to
compress the cab height so you have to sit in a lower seat that say, a
mini-van or even a RAV4.
I found the seat of firm foam uncomfortable for a couple of months and even
called the salesman to see if I could unload the Ranger and move up to a
F150.
He told me to wait and the foam would conform to my shape.. and he was
mostly right.
If I was in the market today, I'd take advantage of the great sales Ford has
been offering and try to find a short wheelbase regular cab F150. (6.5 foot
box).
That's all I would need the vast majority of the time and I could always put
a cap over the box to accommodate the dog.

With all due respect, little buddy, you drive a chick car.....it's NOT a
truck and never was.