posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Hey Rusty Joe

"BigBadBubba" wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
"BigBadBubba" wrote in message
http://shop.ethicalbean.com/

Maybe you can get Oprah to endorse yours.

'-)

Didn't you hear the bad news? There's nothing to endorse. Joe lost his
one and only 'green' shipment several years ago to the depths of the Gulf
of Mexico except for a knapsack full of soft bags of beans he managed to
salvage prior to being air-lifted from his foundering vessel.

Wilbur Hubbard

Yeah, Butt!

I heard he was going on strong with his venture. Just looking for another
boat, and more coffee and a windmill powered boat. You do know that those
windmill powered boats can sail directly upwind, don't you. And maybe
even in waves and seas from a small front.

'-)

My objection to his business venture is, to date, it's all still based upon
a lie.

Joe still claims to sell 'green' coffee as in coffee that doesn't contribute
to increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere because it is being shipped
using sail power and not fossil fuel power.

How long can he continue to live a lie and not feel some small amount of
guilt?

If he was, indeed, selling coffee that was shipped via sail-only powered
boats then I'd give him kudos, but what is he doing but misrepresenting his
product and duping the public? His coffee is being shipped no differently
than any other company's coffee. It's been what? maybe five or six years now
since Red Cloud sunk and he's still in the 'planning stage' for a
replacement sail powered freighter. Yah right!

Wilbur Hubbard