Tim Tim is offline

Default Smaller trucks?

On Jan 4, 5:15*am, Harryk wrote:
On 1/3/11 11:49 PM, Tim wrote:

I haven't seen where smaller trucks are really that great of a savings
compared to their bigger counter parts, Especially if you plan on
really using them.

It depends on how you plan to use a truck. I no longer have a trailer
boat so I don't need a full-sized truck to tow a heavy boat. The smaller
trucks are...smaller...and therefore easier to park, easier to maneuver,
a little easier on the gas. Most of the time the "stuff" my wife buys at
the garden shops and other stores will easily fit into a smaller truck.
The other times, the "stuff" is too large for even a full-size pickup truck.

I happened to park next to a new Toyota Tundra the other day, and
thought that truck was just humongous. I owned a Tundra some years ago;
it was significantly smaller than the current models.

Yep.

When I think of small trucks I'm thinking of GM- SW15's Chevy S-10's
Ford Rangers and Dodge rams. The little ones.

Granted today's average 'heavy half' ton truck is build a lot larger
than the 'heavy 3/4' ton trucks from 20 years ago.

So when I think of small trucks, I do mean "small" They may get a
bit better economy but their overall usefulness is lacking compared to
their larger counterparts.

Obviously, I'm not a slave to fashion and never was, but I'd take an
early 2000's Dodge diesel or a 7.3 Ford power-stroke over any new
models of the smaller v-6's offered by almost anyone.