Califbill Califbill is offline

Default No surprise

"Harryk" wrote in message ...

On 1/3/11 5:48 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 13:16:40 -0800, "Califbill"
wrote:

I break the law on my skiff. Pee in a jug and pour overboard. Illegal
pour overboard, but legal to pee directly overboard. Wasn't it in Boston
where the EPA said they could not dump the snow from the street cleanup
in
to the harbor. Couple years ago. But legal to let melt and run off in
the harbor. Common sense is not so common. Especially in government.

Especially in the EPA - too much education, not enough intelligence -
but very good at preserving their jobs.

There probably are good regulations against dumping snow in harbors and
rivers, and for good reasons. As an aside, the winter I lived in the
Albany, N.Y., area, we had a lot of snow. The plow-equipped dump trucks
pushed the snow down the main street in Albany, a street that ended at
the Hudson River. One overzealous driver pushed his mountain of plowed
snow right into the river (actually, a lot of drivers did that), but
apparently forgot where he was on the space-time continuum. Yup. The
snow, the plow, the truck and the driver...right into the Hudson. The
driver was rescued.

Reply: Why would there be a regulation against pushing snow in the river to
get rid of it? The same snow as water will flow in to the river with the
same contaminants and maybe a few cars also,