JohnF JohnF is offline

Default Bargain Air Compressor for Hookah Dive Rig

Bob wrote:
I buy organic Fuji apples all the time for $1.29 / lb hell
even our PNW grocery store Fred Meyer (piggle wiggle for you
coonasses) has an Organic section and sells great juicy organic cali
oranges for $0.88/lb That seems pretty cheep for an orange that
doesn?t have a bunch of nerve agents in its juice.

There was a semi-recent news story (several months ago, I can't
quickly find a link for you) about a woman who, concerned about
feeding her baby all those "nerve agents" you mentioned, was careful
to only buy certified organic apple juice. Unfortunately (you knew
there was a "but", right?), one batch hadn't been pasteurized properly,
and the kid died from botulism (or something like that -- I can't
quite recall).
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for organic, but the world's not a
perfect place, and there's no perfect way to live in it. In this
case, some of those smaller organic farmers just didn't have the
resources to invest in all the best equipment that the larger
non-organic conglomerates can buy -- kind of analogous to the whole
cheap air compressor thing that started this thread.

yes, drinking coffee from a cup with lead in the glaze may
not kill you today My concern is 50 years of exposure or having the
most susceptible, our children getting their nervous system re-wired
because of metals in their diet. Do we still have lead potable water
supply pipes?

Interesting data point about that: in classical Rome, most people
lived maybe 30 or so years, but those that didn't die that (to us)
young usually dropped dead around 50 or so. Everybody just figured
that was old age. But we know better. So what killed them all off?
A lifetime drinking out of lead goblets. But that was so ubiquitous
in their society that nobody ever figured it out at the time.
Makes you wonder what we might be doing now that's killing us off
earlier than necessary, but that's so commonplace that nobody
notices the correlation.
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: where j=john and f=forkosh )