Gould 0738

Default Article about BushCo use of words

Actually what lie? The statement in the State of the Union Message was "The
British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought
significant quantities of uranium from Africa." The brits believed this.
So where is the lie?
Bill

By the time the SOTU speech was delivered, the British Government already knew
the documents were forged and had so advised Washington. The brits did *not*
believe it last January, and had not believed it for some time prior.

A lot of us just feel screwed over by the administration. Very simple. "We have
to go to war in Iraq because the SOB has thousands of tons of WMD." (apparently
not so. our position that we knew where the stuff was stashed and our
frustration that Blix wasn't finding it definitely-not just apparently- false).
"We have to go to war in Iraq because SH is on the verge of having a nuclear
arsenal at his disposal."
Once again, not true.

Why didn't Bush just say, "We have to go to war in Iraq because I feel it's in
the best long-term strategic interest of the US to control that territory and
oil and because among all the little ****ant dictators in the area, SH is
likely the worst"? Would have cost him nothing.....and just about now it is
rather obvious to most of the world that those were the *only* two reasons we
went to war in Iraq.

If the American people feel like a kid who just discovered his parents have
been lying to him about Santa Claus because they didn't think they could trust
him to understand the truth.......they are justified.