DSK

Default Offensive Post

First, I apologize for my part in continuing the offensiveness. It was
perhaps a mistake to treat "JAXAshby" and "BinaryBill" as deserving any
reply, for reasons that they make obvious.

(Bob Whitaker)wrote:
Most newsgroups have many long standing feuds, and
"rec.boats.cruising" appears to be no exception. Such a shame.

Brian Whatcott wrote:
My problem arises because I had access to arpanet-style newsgroups
fifteen years ago, for a spell. People mis-spoke then, as now.

But when they did, you can be sure that people spoke up and let their
distaste be known. So the level stayed civilized.

I don't feel the need to invite guttermouths into my study even now,
but when they arrive, I believe I would be well-served as would you,
to let them know how I feel about their stuff.

The problem here is that these two clowns (if indeed they are two
different people, my suspicion is that they are both sock puppets) are
more entertained by outraged & offended reactions. My intention was to
try and pretend it was a serious discussion and maybe some good would
come of it all. Best thing to do with trolls is ignore them though.

DSK