Bob Whitaker

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

Matt/Meribeth Pedersen wrote:

Most of these can be had for decent prices (sub $30k)
and are a little more conservative in design, a lot of
them have centerboards.

Hello Matt/Meribeth,

Wow, impressive list of boats! Thanks for the post! I'd be interested
in knowing which of these you liked best and which you've had the
opportunity to sail under reduced sail and how they handled. I'm very
interested in your comments, specially about pros and cons of
centerboards. I just thought it might be yet another thing that could
break down so I wasn't considering centerboard boats for my dream trip
(even if it meant missing out on shallow anchorages). I may start a
new thread on this topic one of these days, seeing as the original
post turned into mud-slinging central.

Thanks,

Bob Whitaker
"Free Spirit"