Dick Locke

Default Arco winches/Electric winches

Anyone have Arco winches? Dealt with the company? Prices look good but
they have no US representation. Googling gets one really angry ex
customer and a few general "they're fine."

I'm investigating some size 55-60 electric primaries. Am I right in
dismissing single speed electrics? One criteria is to be able to get
the sheets tight quickly as they tend to flail and beat on the dodger
(or the poor soul on the winch.) I'm expecting one speed would either
be too slow initially or too much strain on the motor for final
tightening.

The only makers of two speed electrics seem to be Harkin and Arco.
Arco is about 30% cheaper.