Bob Whitaker

Default Offensive Post (was: Best 34 foot blue water cruiser)

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I find the tone of the following post, offensive.
Why is it always the pseudonymous posters who want
to let rip in this way?

Hello Brian,

Most newsgroups have many long standing feuds, and
"rec.boats.cruising" appears to be no exception. Such a shame.
Consider, if you will, my innocent sounding post of a few days ago. I
was really looking forward to a good exchange of pros-and-cons of
different sailboats. I can't sail them all, but I was really looking
forward to sharing knowledge with other sailors. I wanted to know what
different people liked about different boats. But out of more than 30
posts, only 3 posts so far were on-topic (thanks to Frank, Matt, and a
fellow "Texan"). The rest of the bandwidth has been consumed by
long-standing rivals trying to outdo one another. It makes it really
difficult to wade through the noise. Such a shame... Such a waste of
human knowledge... One of these days I may start a new thread to see
if we have better luck.

Thanks,

Bob Whitaker
"Free Spirit"