O:P\)

Default power vs sail

Thank you for your replies. I think I will be going with sail boat, I just
wanted to hear what others had to say about it and if there are any major
issues to consider. My reasons a
1.the price of the boats, I want a roomy boat, when I look at power boats,
they go for 25-50 thousand when over 25', sail boats are much less
expensive, I've seen 25-27 footers on ebay for 6-12 thousand. I'm sure that
the condition of the boat makes a huge difference in the price (like
anything else, for sure).
2.safety, I think that if a power boat fails to start in the middle of the
lake you are dead in the water (kind of hard to row back to shore a 25-30',
x-thousand pound boat), with the sail boat, you can always catch the wind,
no engine no problem.
3.time. I have my own enterprise and my time is kind of limited (the money
too), but I know I can make time for a boat, here and there couple of days.
So this is something else to consider for me. If I'm going to buy a boat, I
prefer to tide 15 thousand as opposed to 50 thousand on a boat that I'll use
5-6 times a year.
What are you opinions? Please, I need as much info as you folks can provide
from you past experiences.
I don't want to make any more mistakes than what I have to when buying a
boat. Any good surveyors in Toronto area? Should I look for a private deal
or I'm better of with a broker? If I tell a broker that I want to spend
around 10 thousand, will he take me seriously? (his commission will be much
lower than if I'm looking to spend 250, right?)
Eventually, I would like to take the boat to Florida (Miami area), how long
should I plan for a trip like that on a sail boat?
As for sailing/boating schools, any suggestions?