posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Very Cool Boat Building Kit

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:44:26 -0500, "Paul@BYC"
wrote:

Well, as a teacher of non-math/science-based liberal arts, my
professorial opinion is that treading water while wrestling 12' and 6'
boat sections together that also have to be bolted might be a heck of a
lot to handle without drowning in the process. If you were successful,
though, it would make a terrific video. I'd buy a copy.

Curious, though, as to why you need an 18' semi-portable boat?

Heh, need is relative. :-)

There are a lot of guys down in the Bahamas towing 30 ft offshore
center consoles for use as a dinghy. Of course they are using them
for some serious fishing also.

From an assembly standpoint I'm thinking that as long as both halves
have full flotation and some semblence of watertight integrity, that
you could launch them as two seperate boats and then bolt them up in
the water without even getting your feet wet.